* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: August 16, 2008 -- 218 Pounds (43 Pounds to Go)

Saturday, August 16, 2008

August 16, 2008 -- 218 Pounds (43 Pounds to Go)

Food Yesterday: yogurt(100)--pineapple(300)--1/2 stuffed egg, small serving of fruit, small rice krispy square(400)--2 yogurts(200)--popcorn(200)--chili(400)--popcorn(200) = 1,800 calories

I might need to add an asterisk to today's weigh-in. I stayed in bed until 10 AM so my weight was somewhat lower than it would have been if I had weighed myself at 5:30. What would really be outstanding would be a 5:30 Monday weigh-in of 218 pounds. That's something I can do if I'll show some discipline over the next two days.

Speaking of discipline, I did show world class discipline yesterday at work. It was the day set aside to celebrate our August birthdays. It was a feast of fatten items--an Italian Creme Cake, brownies, a lemon squares type dish, something called haystacks, rice krispy squares, chips and dips, etc. If it wasn't for this blog and keeping a food journal, I would have had multiples of all of the above. I would have started with way too much at the party and then I would have grazed all day. Without a doubt, yesterday would have been a 4,000+ calorie day in the past or if I had decided to give myself a "day off" from this diet.

You know what's crazy about not eating all of that wonderful tasting junk? At this point, 24 hours after the party, the short-term pluses of eating that stuff would be totally gone. That's the thing about overeating, it does give you a short-term joy but that is very short-term. We risk so much in the way of our health and our possibilities to fully enjoy life for all of these short-term pleasures. It really doesn't make much sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment