* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: August 18, 2008 -- 219.5 Pounds (44.5 Pounds to Go)

Monday, August 18, 2008

August 18, 2008 -- 219.5 Pounds (44.5 Pounds to Go)

Food Yesterday--popcorn(200)--yogurt(100)--popcorn(200)--soup(380)--yogurt(100)--popcorn(200)--small chili(200)--small fries(350)--yogurt(100) = 1,830 calories.

I was a little disappointed with today's weight. The good news is that I've been below 220 pounds for several days and that hasn't happened in a long time.

It appears that my body is very comfortable maintaining my current weight if I eat at the 2,000 calorie level, a level that does require a fair amount of dedication and willpower. That leaves me with the problem of trying to drop down to 1,500 calories if I really want to lose any weight. I call it a problem because it truly means that I have to stop eating meals altogether, or at least meals as most people think of them. I can do that for a few days, maybe even a few weeks, but can I really do that for the months that it will take to get my weight down to 190 or below? I'm not so sure that I can just graze for that long.

It may be that I need to try something totally different, something that my body hasn't seen and adjusted to. A high protein diet would certainly be a shock to my system and it might be what I need to drop 15 pounds in a month. I know people who have had that much success or more and they appear none the worse for having gone on such a diet. My big concern is losing weight with a method that I know I won't continue in the future. I'm trying to both lose weight and build eating habits and patterns that will help me keep the weight off in the future. I know that high protein is not a pattern that I will follow for decades, so I'm leery of going that route for my weight loss. Still, if things don't get better soon with my current approach, then something totally different might be what it takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment