* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: August 2, 2008 -- 219 Pounds (44 Pounds to Go)

Saturday, August 2, 2008

August 2, 2008 -- 219 Pounds (44 Pounds to Go)

Food yesterday: cereal bar(160)--yogurt(100)--cereal bar(160)--yogurt(100)--2 hot pockets(700)--yogurt(100)--pineapple(300)--popcorn(200)--popcorn(200) = 2,020 calories.

When I first started dieting, I compared the difference between cereal bars and various energy bars or speciality items like the South Beach Diet bars. What I found it that the biggest difference between all of them is the price, with cereal bars being far cheaper. The energy bars might have had a little more protein and some extra vitamins, but those amounts are fairly insignificant, especially since I take a multi-vitamin every day. I'm just mentioning this because my list above would look a lot better if I had "energy bar" or "health bar" on the list instead of "cereal bar".

Still, I need to eat better and I didn't get that done on the first day of August. I did keep my diet list and go for a walk yesterday, so those are two key items that got off on the right foot for August. I'm walking from my house to the Belhaven Market after I finish this post so I'll have the walking out of the way early today. It's about a 4 mile round trip and I'll entertain myself with my MP3 player and my camera.

On today's weight, I'm glad to see a number under 220. Last night I went to bed at 11:30 and I weighed 222 pounds. I got up at 4:30 and worked just a short time on some Saints photos--at that time my weight was 220 pounds. While working on the photos I had a diet coke, then I went back to bed around 5:30 and got up at 8:30 to find a weigh-in of 219 pounds. Yes, there was some peeing going on before the 4:30 and 8:30 weigh-ins, but it just goes to show that one pound isn't that big a deal. What I'm really waiting for is the day I hit 215 pounds. That's the day when I'll know that some serious progress has been made. I'd like to see that day come before I post 2 Saturdays from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment