* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: August 20, 2008 -- 217.5 Pounds (42.5 Pounds to Go)

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

August 20, 2008 -- 217.5 Pounds (42.5 Pounds to Go)

Food Yesterday: yogurt(100)--pineapple(300)--pasta(340)--yogurt(100)--yogurt(100)--popcorn(200)--soup(380) = 1,520 calories + pineapple in the middle of the night = 1,820 calories

Last night was one of those where sleep was hard to find. One of the problems with these restless nights is that I usually find myself hungry, especially if I've kept the calories low during the evening hours, and that hunger gives me one more thing that makes getting back to sleep more difficult. Since the only snacks that I have in the house are low-fat popcorn and cans of pineapple, my late night eating choices were limited and I went with the pineapple. It's too bad that I couldn't sleep because I think I would have reached a new low this morning if I hadn't eaten in the middle of the night.

I'm using a blogger feature for the first time on this post and I plan on going back and updating my posts from the last 5 weeks or so. Blogger allows you to label a post so readers can more easily find a particular subject matter. I've been thinking that I need to do that on the "Slice of Frank" blog, and I realized that it would be useful on this blog as well. My plan is to tag each entry with one of five possible labels: Very_good, Good, Average, Poor, Very_poor. It will give me a running score of how I'm really doing on the diet and it will give me motivation to do better since I'll be somewhat keeping score.

Right now I have no idea how the tally will turn out for the previous days on this diet. In my mind, I think I've done fairly well over the last 5-6 weeks and I've blamed my lack of success in that first month to my body just being stuck on a difficult setpoint. Maybe I'll find that I was really guilty of too many poor and very poor days. These daily distinctions will be fairly subjective and I'm not even sure of the guidelines that I'll use. I have a feeling that it will be a good tool in keeping me motivated from day-to-day, an extra push to go along with keeping the food journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment