* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: August 25, 2008 -- 217 Pounds (42 Pounds to Go)

Monday, August 25, 2008

August 25, 2008 -- 217 Pounds (42 Pounds to Go)

Food Yesterday: Milky Way(260)--banana(120)--popcorn(200)--corn(280)--potatoes(150)--light beer(100)--popcorn(200)--banana(120)--popcorn(200) = 1,630 calories


This was a good weekend for my diet. I had thoughts about getting out and walking on Sunday, plans that fell through partially because it rained most of the day and mostly because I didn't really feel like it. There was a time when getting out and exercising made me feel better for the rest of the day. Now it creates pains that last throughout the day or longer. Exercise has to become a part of my future and I hope it will be easier to get back in the habit as I lose some of this weight.

With about a week left in August, there is the possibility that I'll be down to 215 pounds for the start of September. That would leave me with 40 pounds to go in the remaining 4 months of the year. That's a tall order under the best of conditions, a much taller order if I don't get back on track with the exercising. I'm realistic enough to realize that I may not see 175 pounds for the start of 2009. That will be okay as long as I'm making reasonable progress towards my ultimate goal. My mistake last time was that I "took a break" from dieting when I got stuck at 190 pounds. What I needed to do back then was take a different approach to my dieting, primarily by adding some sort of exercise, instead of thinking that I could lay back and hope that my body would do all the work to maintain that 190 pound setpoint. It did maintain that level for a while until I overwhelmed it with signals to gain weight, signals that came in the form of overeating.

Those are all thoughts for further down the line. At the moment I need to remember that my first real goal was to get to 215 pounds, something I can achieve this month if I don't screw up this week. The next goal after that will be 205, a number that will put me below the official obesity weight for my height. It will be nice to get back to being amongst the third of Americans who are simply overweight instead of wallowing with the third who are obese. I can do these things--I will do these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment