* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: August 27, 2008 -- 217.5 Pounds (42.5 Pounds to Go)

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

August 27, 2008 -- 217.5 Pounds (42.5 Pounds to Go)

Food Yesterday: yogurt(100)--pineapple(300)--crackers(190)--hot pockets(620)--crackers(190)--banana(120)--pineapple(300)--popcorn(200) = 2,020 calories

It's nice to see my weight go down a little on a 2,000 calorie day. It makes me think that my body has accepted a set point in the 217-218 range. I had hoped to strike while the iron was hot with a series of sub-1,500 calorie days and by getting out and walking almost every day. Without a doubt, I could have done that. In hindsight, I should have done that. It's just that in hindsight all things are easier said than done.

These last few days have been tough even at 2,000 calories. Each trip to the store brings a strong desire to buy something chocolate. Last night I so desperately wanted to buy a half gallon of ice cream and eat on that until I became sick or until I reached the bottom of the container. If a person looks at my food lists they will see a person with a habitual eating habit and there was a time in my life when those pineapple entries would have been replaced by packs of Sugar Babies. The yogurts would have been replaced by bagels with 3 to 4 times the calories. And lets not forget that the above list would have been supplemented by a dozen diet soft drinks in the past. Cutting back on these soft drinks has created a void and in the past they often filled a craving without adding calories. Now I'm having to learn to deal with these cravings, sometimes getting a pack of crackers at 190 calories instead of a diet soda at 1 calorie (in honest, I often got a soda and crackers in the past, but not always).

Okay. Now that I have that off my chest, I realize that it still isn't an excuse for not staying closer to 1,500 calories. All I have to do is cut out about 2 items a day. I can extend a can of pineapples into two snacks. I can limit myself to one pack of crackers a day. I could have had one hot pocket and a yogurt which would have saved 220 calories. These aren't things that I want to do, they are things that I need to do.

Finally, what I need to do today is to limit the damage by creating a plan and sticking with it. I'm eating lunch with Gordon and then there is the Wednesday night get-together. My plan needs to be 2 yogurts in the morning, then some reasonable choices at lunch. Maybe another yogurt in the afternoon and then I think I need something like a Wendy's burger before I go to the bar. I have to find a way to avoid the bowl of nuts and I think that involves eating before I go. The key is that I then must refrain from going back to Wendy's after leaving the bar. If I'll stick to this plan then I think I can get another 2,000 calorie day, a real accomplishment for a Wednesday when I'm eating lunch with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment