* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: August 29, 2008 -- 217 Pounds (42 Pounds to Go)

Friday, August 29, 2008

August 29, 2008 -- 217 Pounds (42 Pounds to Go)

Food Yesterday: yogurt(100)--crackers(190)--pineapple(300)--hot pockets(600)--yogurt(100)--crackers(190)--pineapple(300)--popcorn(200)--2 multi-vitamins plus a few other vitamins = 1,980 calories

I walked Thursday morning and I need to force myself to walk today, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I would like to see 215 pounds on the scale next Tuesday and I won't do that unless I get out and walk 3-4 miles each day between now and then. It's not something I like to do but I either need to force myself to do it or I need to make it more interesting. There's no rule that says I have to depart from my house and it might be far more enjoyable if I'll drive to a location and then do my walking there. I need to investigate that concept a little more deeply.

I listed my vitamins in the food list today somewhat to point out that I recognize the nutritional holes in the way I eat. You might remember my story in the past about how I switched over from my regular multi-vitamin to one for people over 50 and my iron level dropped so low that I couldn't donate blood. The multi-vitamin for seniors didn't include iron which means that the iron I was getting from the original multi-vitamin was the only thing that was keeping me from being anemic.

That story about the vitamins points out two things, the most obvious being that I wasn't eating right back when I was 49 just as I'm not eating right now. The other thing is that the multi-vitamins cover up a lot of my dietary sins. Since I've cut back on the calories of late, I've also increased the multi-vitamin total from one to two just to be on the safe side. It's not as ideal as eating 3,000 calories of meat, fruits and vegetables each day and then working off about 1,000 of those calories by having an active life style, but it is the way I've lived for years and it seems unlikely that I'll make any major changes in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment