* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: August 3, 2008 -- 220 Pounds (45 Pounds to Go)

Sunday, August 3, 2008

August 3, 2008 -- 220 Pounds (45 Pounds to Go)

Food Yesterday: pineapple(300)--pizza(700)--popcorn(200)--Wendy's Jr Cheeseburger Deluxe(350)--Wendy's small Frosty(330)--popcorn(200)--pineapple(300) = 2,380 calories

That last can of pineapple actually came in the middle of the night and it might have been the reason that I didn't stay under 220 pounds this morning. One thing I've discovered when I'm trying to eat less is that hunger often hits me when I get up in the middle of the night. I'm not so sure about the idea that hunger wakes me up, but I do know that I'll start feeling hunger pains if I sit at the computer very long in the early mornings.

I did walk yesterday, this time a little longer than usual. The destination for my round trip journey was the Belhaven Market which is at least 2 miles away. It's a collection of vendor booths that are set up in a parking lot each Saturday, a mixture of arts and crafts, food to go, and specialty food items. After walking for over a half hour in the August heat, I was only interested in the booth that had diet cokes.

The walking I've done lately reminds me of something I once read in a tennis book. The tennis instructor said that people should try to hit a tennis ball at the pace that would allow them to consistently keep the ball in play, and he added that most players failed to realize just how slow that pace was for them. I keep saying that I want to get back to jogging, but I'm starting to realize that walking at the moment is the pace I need to keep if I want to be consistent. I can go out and walk 4-5 times a week. I can't go out and jog 4-5 times a week. I need to focus on getting out and walking consistently, working to get myself to the point where jogging consistently becomes a possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment