* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: August 4, 2008 -- 221.5 Pounds (46.5 Pounds to Go)

Monday, August 4, 2008

August 4, 2008 -- 221.5 Pounds (46.5 Pounds to Go)

Food Yesterday: popcorn(200)--pineapple(300)--chili(400)--popcorn(200)--pineapple(300)--corn(280)--peas(210) = 1,890 calories




Wow! A photo on the weight loss blog and vegetables on the food list. Will wonders never cease?

I stopped at the local grocery store Saturday as I was finishing up my walk to and from the Belhaven Market. I needed a 10-pound bag of ice so I thought it would be no big deal to get the ice and walk the remaining 3-4 blocks back to my duplex. I was wrong. It was a real pain to carry that extra weight to finish up my walk.

There are a lot of people like me who have a lot of weight that they would like to lose. My goal is to lose 50 pounds, but it's important to remember that each 10-pound loss is a huge accomplishment. If carrying 10 extra pounds for 5 minutes was a noticeable burden, then carrying 10 fewer pounds is bound to make just as big a difference in the opposite direction. I'm half way to that first 10 pounds loss--I need to work hard to get those next 5 pounds off for good.

Note added Monday morning: Grrr. I knew that eating vegetables would be bad for me but I didn't know it would cause this much of a weight gain. I should have had one more round of popcorn and pineapples for supper.

I know that I might come up with a 218 pound weigh-in by Wednesday even though I don't expect to lose 3.5 pounds of fat in 48 hours. As said before, losing weight is rarely charted on a straight line pointing in a downward direction. It's an ebb and flow. Occasionally good days of dieting result in gains and bad days end up producing a loss. I know that's why most people say you shouldn't weigh every day. For me personally, I would rather weigh every day and get a better understanding of how things ebb and flow than weigh once a week and maybe see no change after a week of dieting. Even though I am up at 221.5 today, I know I'm making progress because this is just an abnormal spike up from a lower weight. I wouldn't know that if I wasn't weighing myself every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment