* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: August 6, 2008 -- 221.5 Pounds (46.5 Pounds to Go)

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

August 6, 2008 -- 221.5 Pounds (46.5 Pounds to Go)

Food Yesterday: I ate like a normal person yesterday. Well, maybe a normal person doesn't have a half dozen cereal bars in a day, but I ended up the day much closer to 3,000 calories than 2,000 calories. I was tired and I felt like I needed a break so I ate a little extra. I didn't go wild by eating a whole tub of ice cream (that's sound's good) or a big bag of candy (that also sounds good). I just ate a little extra as much for the mental break as for the physical satisfaction. I'll get back to the lower eating today, trying once again to stay strong on a Wednesday night.

Thanks for the comment Rusty. Despite yesterday's one day break, I still have a strong commitment to this and I certainly still have a strong health need to get this extra weight off.

We all know that my eating habits will never makes any one's list of healthy eating. I definitely recognize the need to take a multi-vitamin each day along with a few other vitamins and supplements to make up for the deficits in my diet. I've been taking some of the glucosamines (spelling) for so long that I don't know if they are helping or not. I might stop taking everything except the multi-vitamin as my supplies run out, and maybe I'll consider just taking a multi-vitamin in the morning and another in the afternoon. I'll think about those changes later.

Getting back to the diet, I wonder if I need to shock my body with something totally different? Right now I'm giving my body exactly what it is use to, only in slightly smaller dosages. It seems like that would make it easy for my body to simply turn down the thermostat a little and carry on just fine at the current weight. Maybe what I need to jump start some weight loss is to give my body something totally different, something like one of those high protein diets. I think I can maintain a weight loss with the way I'm eating now, but I'm not so sure that I can create a weight loss with my current diet.

There was a recent news story about the 10 most popular diets. I looked at the list and I thought that there's no way I could do any of these unless I had someone preparing my food and serving it to me every day. That's not going to happen. My guess is that I'm going to have to create my own diet that still has some simplicity of preparation and yet is totally different from the way I eat now. Fruits and vegetables come to mind as a foundation for such a diet. Maybe a simple shift to actually eating healthy would be a big enough shock to do the trick and get the weight loss going. No matter how much I hate the prospects of trying such a radical plan, it might be the road that I need to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment