* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: September 12, 2008 -- 217.5 Pounds (42.5 Pounds to Go)

Friday, September 12, 2008

September 12, 2008 -- 217.5 Pounds (42.5 Pounds to Go)

It would have been nice to see a larger drop this morning. I think I have come to the conclusion that I need to keep some sort of list, not so much for the total number of calories in the day but more to create a 10 second window of opportunity to "just say no".

I'm probably like most folks in that I would hardly need to eat if I only ate when I'm hungry. Most of my eating comes because I'm bored OR I want to put off starting a job OR because the time of day tells me it is time to eat OR because I want 5 minutes of tasting pleasure OR just because there is food available. If I could retrain my mind to only think about eating food when I'm actually hungry, then losing weight would be a snap.

That's the new trick I need to teach to this old dog--don't eat unless I'm actually hungry. Every time I'm thinking about getting something to eat, I need to ask myself, "Are you actually hungry?" If the answer is no, then I don't need to eat. If I can make that one behaviour modification, then there will be no need for a list and no worries about being overweight.

No comments:

Post a Comment