* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: September 15, 2008 -- 218 Pounds (43 Pounds to Go)

Monday, September 15, 2008

September 15, 2008 -- 218 Pounds (43 Pounds to Go)

I didn't make the big push that I talked about to get to 215 pounds by today. Dieting has many similarities to trying to quit smoking. It's easy to come up with a plan and the plan often seem very doable on paper. Isn't it as simple as just saying no to every craving that comes along for extra food or the next cigerette? All you have to do is say no repeatedly until the problem is solved. What could be hard about that?

The flaw in the plan is that the reward for saying no is something that is mostly way into the future. Ther furtherest down the timeline is added years of life, something so abstract and in the future that it hardly serves as motivation at all. After that you get things in the closer future like feeling better and looking better. These are good but they aren't nearly as exciting as having that piece of cake now or that cigerette after a meal now.

I could go on and on about this but I'm now at work and I don't have the time to write more. The bottom line at the moment is that I need to go back to the food list and I probably need to stick to the food list for the rest of my life. There could be worse things to have to do as a daily routine so I shouldn't complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment