* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: September 30, 2008 -- 219.5 Pounds (44.5 Pounds to Go)

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

September 30, 2008 -- 219.5 Pounds (44.5 Pounds to Go)

This is what happens when I think I can take a break from dieting. I don't go nuts and binge on candy every night, but I start a slow creep back to my starting point or higher. There is no question that I NEED to diet for the rest of my life when one defines dieting as closely monitoring the foods you eat. Of course, needing to do something and carrying through are two totally different things.

If you have dieted in the past, maybe you can relate to getting to the point where you get a mental block against dieting. For example, I like yogurt and when I'm dieting I have no problem starting off the day with one thing of yogurt that will last me until the 10 o'clock break. In recent weeks I have had a real aversion to eating yogurt. It's not the taste. It's more of the fact that yogurt represents dieting, and dieting represents depriving myself of things that I would enjoy, and the rewards of dieting are so far down the road that they seem minuscule. That's not exactly a conscious thought process I go through each morning, but it is sort of halfway between my conscious and sub-conscious.

I guess today I'll force myself to start off with yogurt. I know what I should do and I guess it is time to get back to doing those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment