* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: September 4, 2008 -- 218 Pounds (43 Pounds to Go)

Thursday, September 4, 2008

September 4, 2008 -- 218 Pounds (43 Pounds to Go)

I did pretty good yesterday at the start. I passed up on the pastry snacks someone brought and I just had a yogurt and a pack of crackers in the morning. Then I just had one hot pocket and a yogurt for lunch. Then I ate a banana before going to the Laundromat and I added in a regular Pepsi while waiting for the clothes to wash. After that it turned into a very poor day with Wednesday night group and then a trip to Wendy's. For that one day, I just didn't care.

Part of that half day of non-caring came from being tired of cutting back so much without much to show for it. That doesn't mean that I'm giving up the diet, it just means that sometimes a person needs a break from constantly saying "no" about things that they really want. I understand that I have to get right back on track to saying "no" to most of the food options surrounding me. It will take a lot of saying no to undo the results of so many years of saying yes far too often.

I'll also admit that part of the breakdown yesterday was a general foul mood that I expressed over on the main blog. While I still think America is the greatest land of opportunity, I think the country is on a downhill slide that isn't going to stop. I say that regardless of who wins this next presidential election. I believe there was a time when we took to heart the words of JFK when he said, "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." I doubt that any politician could utter such words to our 21st century American population and have any hope of becoming elected. Oh well. I've about resigned myself to not pay attention to any of that anymore. I'll just live my life and not worry about the big world around me--I'll be gone before it all falls apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment