* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: October 8, 2008 -- 217.5 Pounds (42.5 Pounds to Go)

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

October 8, 2008 -- 217.5 Pounds (42.5 Pounds to Go)

I went to the MS State Fair yesterday and I had a large hamburger at the Cattleman Association Booth. Not knowing the calories for that hamburger was enough for me to decide to take a diet break yesterday. It didn't take much arm twisting for me to take that break.

While knowing that I have a good life and I have far more to be thankful for than to complain about, I must admit that I'm in a funk at the moment. It's a lot of things all piled together. The political scene has been depressing as has the falling of the stock market. Work has been a real drag lately with no signs of improvement between now and my retirement date at some point in the distant future. The difficulty of creating and maintaining any success with this diet is "weighing" on me, and the inability to really do much exercise because of various aches and pains seems to be a constant in my life.

I guess my life right now is like an optomist might describe the economy. It is fundamentally sound but obviously going through a rough spot. Things will get better but it might take time. I suspect that quitting the diet might seem like a quick fix for my blue funk, but then the resulting weight gains would make my life worse so I guess I need to keep trying. It's too bad that I'm not one of those persons who stops eating when I get depressed because would make this diet thing a lot easier right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment