* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: October 9, 2008 -- Taking a Break!?!?!?!?

Thursday, October 9, 2008

October 9, 2008 -- Taking a Break!?!?!?!?

I know this is dangerous. In a very disjointed, slow and limited way, this blog and my current method is working. Past history has shown that when I move away from a list and posting on the blog, bad results are sure to follow. Is there any reason to think that this time will be any different?

Probably not. Still, I feel like I have to find something or some way to get things under control without it including the prospect of blogging for the next 20-25 years. The key is to change my mindset about food and eating to the point where food is seen as fuel and not all of the other things that cause most of the overeating. That gets back to the 3 simple rules that are guaranteed to get a person back to a healthy weight and keep them there:

1) Always eat when you are hungry.
2) Never eat unless you are hungry.
3) When you eat, eat half of what you think you need.

I shouldn't need a list of food eaten if I'm following those 3 rules. I shouldn't need a blog to force myself to follow 3 simple rules. If I will follow these three steps then I'll actually eat less than what I've been eating over the last couple of months. Every day will automatically become a "Very_good" day if I will just follow these three simple steps. I need to make this a mindset that isn't dependent on the fear of public shame from posting on a blog.

I had a recent post on the other blog with the Einstein quote about making everything as simple as possible. These 3 rules are as simple as possible. If I follow them I will get to 175 pounds without any difficulty. If I don't follow them then I'll be back to the food list and the daily blogging. I don't want that to be a part of my life forever but I'll do it if there is no other way. This is a chance for another way.

One last thing that I'm going to try as a way of going all in on this approach. I'm putting the scale away so that I can't weigh every day. I'll get it out around the first of the month and get a result to see how things are going. I'll get it out sooner if I find that I'm not following the 3 simple rules, but I want to focus on the rules without worrying about how much or how fast weight it coming off. Follow the rules and it will come off and it will come off faster than what I've been seeing. Focus on the rules, follow the rules--make things as simple as possible. I'm excited about the prospect of giving it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment