* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: November 13, 2008 -- 223 Pounds

Thursday, November 13, 2008

November 13, 2008 -- 223 Pounds

I once thought professional athletes were crazy or egomaniacs when they did interviews in the third person (Yesterday Terrell Owens told a press conference, "Terrell Owens thinks all of you reporters should kiss Terrell Owens' ###".) Now I'm not so sure about my assessment of these athletes.

Yesterday I did much better on my diet because I was listening to Coach Frank instead of myself. When I wanted crackers to procrastinate on starting a project, Coach Frank wouldn't let me have the crackers. When I wanted a diet Pepsi, Coach Frank made me drink a glass of water in between each diet drink. When I was checking my brother's warehouse yesterday afternoon I had to walk by several bowls of leftover Halloween candy--Monday and Tuesday I helped myself to plenty and yesterday Coach Frank told me I didn't need any candy. When leaving from work Coach Frank let me have a diet drink and crackers on the condition that I didn't eat any nuts at the bar--I really wanted those nuts at the bar and I almost got some, but I had a deal with Coach Frank so I held off. Then for supper, I wanted to stop and buy a frozen pizza but Coach Frank thought I should stick with the lower calories of a can of chili.

It turns out that Coach Frank is a little bit more of a jerk than I realized. It's not that he was wrong about any of his decisions, it's just that I would have preferred to do the wrong things. I'm sure he'll have me drinking more water and less diet sodas today and I doubt that I'll be able to get my my snack box 3 or 4 times today to get a pack of crackers. He'll make me eat more of the yogurt that is better for me and only half of the calories. I understand that all of this is good for me in the long run, but it seems like having Coach Frank around all the time is going to be a real drag.

No comments:

Post a Comment