* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: Day 5 (12/30/08) -- 224 Pounds

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Day 5 (12/30/08) -- 224 Pounds

If you look at the posts under the December archives you'll see that I was doing okay through the morning of December 16th. That was the day of our office party, followed by various activities for my birthday, and then lots of eating for Christmas. Today's weight simply represents my body trying to get back to where it was comfortable before 10 days of feasting.

Now my friend becomes my foe. My body wanted to get back to the 222-224 range which was great after I had ballooned up to 231. The internal mechanisms that control my set point are now happy and they aren't going to like this idea of trying to get 9 more pounds off over the next 3 weeks. The one thing I have going for me is momentum, and I need to keep that going today and for the rest of the week.

Todd, I know that illness ranks way towards the bottom on the list of preferred diet plans. Hope you're feeling better and maybe the silver lining of being sick is that some of the weight will stay off. I have a supper invitation tonight and maybe something will come up regarding New Year's festivities, but I'm basically passed the minefields of the holidays. It will be very disappointing if I'm not into the lower 200's by the start of March.

No comments:

Post a Comment