* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: December 19, 2008 -- 227 Pounds

Friday, December 19, 2008

December 19, 2008 -- 227 Pounds

Todd, let's look at dieting as a sport and the 12 months as the 12 games on the schedule. Here's my recap of the year and the way I need to look at the few remaining days:

I started off the year at 220 pounds and with high hopes that I would rebound to 2006 form after a fairly dismal 2007. For a variety of reasons, I never put it together during the year. I got off to a decent start and then it became mundane at best. There was some hope that I could salvage the season with a big effort against December, the toughest opponent on the schedule. That hasn't come to pass and this month has actually given me quite a beating. It now looks certain that I won't get back to the 220 pound starting point for the year. I'm at a point where I could just tank the rest of December and look forward to next season, or I could start now to try and get on the right path for 2009. I know I'm not going to lose 7 pounds in 11 days, but maybe I can get back 2 of those pounds and start off at 225 next year and going in the right direction.

The reality is that 2007 and 2008 have been two bad years in a row. I need to focus in 2009 on "winning" every month. I need more consistency and even a small 2-3 pound improvement every month will add up to a great 2009. I can't afford to go another year without having significant success.

1 comment:

  1. I'm up for that, I'll give my post game highlights next post (if you can call them that)! 224.2 which at least is in the down direction.

    ReplyDelete