* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: December 2, 2008 -- 223 Pounds

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

December 2, 2008 -- 223 Pounds

Coach Frank was proud of me yesterday. Maybe I could have done a little better by expanding past my traditional food choices--yogurt, crackers, hot pockets, and popcorn--but at least I kept the calories under 2,000 and I did remember to take my vitamins. Lack of exercise was a problem unless there is some fat burning magic associated with clicking a mouse and burning DVDs on a PC. Truth be told, if those activities had a magical fat burning power then I would never have to worry about dieting.

Todd, I hope you stuck to your workout plan. It's a little easier to fit eating less into a schedule rather than working out vigorously, but the more exercise route is the better path to follow. It's the path I would prefer and I need to do a little more even if I can't do a lot more. In the meantime, I can continue to stay below that 2,000 calorie mark. That will at least get me back below 220 and then we'll have to see if my body needs more motivation to drop below that difficult 215 mark.

Food today: yogurt(100)--crackers(200)--hot pocket(530)--crackers(200)--soup(360)--popcorn(250) = 1,640 calories

2 comments:

  1. You and I both! Well my first day was only 20 minutes (I think it's always 20 minutes) and it was the most intense thing I've ever done in my life. This morning I weighed in at 226.2. I'm guessing water loss, however I drank probably two gallons worth yesterday. The place (and style) is called Cross Fit. I believe it's military influenced and it's pure cavemanesque. No real weights, just doing things with your body and learning to do them at very low oxygen levels. Also they pointed me in the direction of the Zone diet. Pretty much another typical diet except that highlight the importance of omega threes (basically concentrated fish oil tablets). At the end of the day, it's pretty much a low carb diet but with lean meats and fruits. No carbs let you eat any meat and no fruits (since they have their share of carbs). This supposedly works because fat from food can not store as fat in your body with out insulin inflammation (spikes). Their claim (and most peoples) is that carbs (especially higher glycemic carbs) cause this insulin to rise and start doing damage. This Zone approach basically says that you should eat fruits and yes your insulin will be there, just don't eat the excess fat to have it converted over. This was a successful first day Frank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent, Todd. I use to scoff at any talk about food combinations, holding fast to the idea that it was as simplistic as calories in, calories out. I've started to change my mind on that and I need to move towards better eating habits--but Rome was not built in a day.

    I hope you'll continue to post your results in the comment section and I'll probably hold my response until the post the next day. And I hope that anyone else who wants to join in will be so moved. Things are a lot easier when it is a group effort.

    ReplyDelete