* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: December 24, 2008 -- 227 Pounds

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

December 24, 2008 -- 227 Pounds

When it comes to the weigh-in each morning, the result often hinges more on when I eat and when I weigh rather than what I ate. I didn't intend for yesterday to be a late eating night. I took off work at noon with the intentions of making the two batches of Christmas brownies in the afternoon. I got home and decided to read a little first. Then I took a nap. Then I went to get batteries for Mother's camera, a task I had put off for too long. On the way from the store to Mother's house, I saw some pretty Christmas lights. Realizing that Mother doesn't drive after dark, I offered to take her out riding to look at the lights--an enjoyable and different visit but we didn't find much in the way of impressive light displays. The bottom line is that I didn't start working on brownies until well after 8 and I got to bed at 11:30.

So in the short term, I was up late scraping the bowls of brownie mix and caramels as my nutritional supper while guzzling diet sodas to stay awake AND I got up early to cut some of the brownies to take to work. That's why my weight is up this morning. In the long term, I was eating brownie mix and caramels for supper which is the reason my weight will be up in the future. There's no question that I'm letting everything slide in anticipation of really, really doing well starting with January 1. I think I can do well from December 26 through the 31st and maybe that will keep my weight from becoming a runaway train.

No comments:

Post a Comment