* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: December 9, 2008 -- 225.5 Pounds

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

December 9, 2008 -- 225.5 Pounds

I'll admit that I'm getting fairly disgusted with myself--and that's a good thing. I need something to get me going and it was disgusted with myself back in Feb, 2006 that was a huge motivating factor. I'll get back to this post later. Right now I have to leave home early for work so I can stop at Walmart and buy more yogurt to store in the office refrigerator.

...I made it to Walmart and then to work on time. Something Todd wrote yesterday really hit home with me. He was talking about the workout being difficult but better than last week and then he added that he felt like an athlete for the first time in 10 years. How long has it been since I felt like an athlete? Maybe I felt a little like an athlete when I had lost weight and could actually move on a tennis court. I felt more like an athlete when I was playing somewhat decent racquetball about 5 years ago. But to be honest, I really haven't been an athlete for a long time. There was a time when I was in the upper percentile of fitness for my age group, back in the days of 10% body fat and 10-mile runs. I need to get back to those days of being fit for my age. I need to get back to the idea of being an athlete--not capable of the things I could do 30 years ago, but an athlete none the less.

I have a lot of work to do to reach that goal. I can't do it all today. I can take the first step which is the step that tends to be the hardest.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully my posting isn't negatively affecting your progress! 226.2 this morning which is finally looking a little more promising. The soreness is back from last night but definitely to a lower degree, in fact, I'd be surprise if I'll be sore next week at all. You'd think new exercises would introduce new soreness but I swear we work every muscle known to man just about. Good times ahead Frank!

    ReplyDelete