* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: Day 12 (01/12/2009) -- 224 Pounds

Monday, January 12, 2009

Day 12 (01/12/2009) -- 224 Pounds

I was hoping for a lower weight today since I walk/jogged a little over 4 miles yesterday. This was a 4 am weigh-in so maybe it would have been less if I had slept till closer to 6.

The sleeping thing is getting to be a problem. I get to bed at a reasonable time and I'm tired and ready to go to sleep. Then I start to think. I've always had trouble going to sleep right away because when I get in bed I start thinking about things. It might be about events from the day, things I need to do, mentally writing up a blog post for the next day, or a whole host of things. It's bad enough that this keeps me from getting right to sleep, but if I wake up in the middle of the night it starts all over again. Usually by this time I've rested enough that I'm not really tired so I just lay in bed thinking, sometimes falling back to sleep and sometimes getting up to work on things (like this blog) in hopes of getting tired again.

I'm going to make a checklist of things I can do to improve the sleeping situation. Number 1 on the list with a big red circle around it has to be the diet sodas. Giving up television was easy, so easy that I didn't even realize that yesterday marked one month without television at the house. Giving up diet sodas is an entirely different story. I can work through the physical addiction to the caffine and whatever other chemical my body is now hooked on, but the mental aspect is much tougher. Like a person smoking cigerettes, I reach for my addiction far more often out of habit than need.

It's a sticky wicket. I need more exercise to lose weight. I need more sleep to recover from the exercise. It would help with the exercise if I could lose some weight. The diet sodas keep me from snacking throughout the day so they help keep my weight down. The diet sodas keep me from sleeping so I'm tired and it makes exercising more difficult. I know what I need to do--I just don't want to do it.

1 comment:

  1. 219.8. I now believe that one bad day of eating results in about 3 days of lost progress. Though, today, I'm not lower than I was a couple days ago, yesterday I weighed in at 217.2. I expect to see that tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete