* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: Day 19 (01/19/2009) -- 224 Pounds

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Day 19 (01/19/2009) -- 224 Pounds

I got tired of working on photos this evening so I've been killing time with small stuff instead of being productive. This being productive all weekend sure makes for a long work week. It won't be surprising if I take a couple of afternoons off this week so I can come home and take a nap.

The exercising is going great, the dieting not so great. It's not like I stuffing my face non-stop, it's just that I'm not staying under 2,000 calories a day in order to attack my excessive fat from both angles. While the Garmin might seem like an expensive toy that isn't really necessary, it sure has gotten me motivated to go out and walk more. Between the first day I used it, the 8th, and yesterday, I have walked and jogged over 26 miles.

My fitness level is still terrible. Yesterday I decided to simply jog by feel, not worrying about specific minutes of walking vs. jogging. While it was tiring simply because it was 60 minutes of exercise, it never felt stressful. The problem is that my heart rate went about 15 bpm higher than what is suppose to be my maximum heart rate. I don't know exactly what to make of that. I mentioned this high heart rate to a friend who is a cardiologist and he didn't seem distressed by the news. That's good but I'm going to get the Garmin book out and set the alarm to beep when my heart rate hits 160 bpm. That's as high as I needed to let it get.

It's 9:30. I guess I'll try to get some sleep which is all dependent on me being able to shut off my thinking. Daydreaming during the day is okay. Daydreaming at night when it is time to sleep is a bummer that wears me out.

Monday Morning Update: 224 again which doesn't surprise me. It's hard to call this a plateau since I haven't been really cutting back on the food with my body failing to respond. I believe it is easier to cut back on the food during the work week so maybe I can keep up the walking, cut back on the food and get to at least 222 by this time next week. I don't see any possibility of 217 by the end of the 4 weeks, a reality that isn't an excuse to quit trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment