* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: Day 5 (1/5/09) -- 226 Pounds

Monday, January 5, 2009

Day 5 (1/5/09) -- 226 Pounds

A move in the right direction both on the scale and in my head. I was at the MS Blues Marathon taking photos Saturday and it inspired me to work harder on my diet. It wasn't some wild plan to run the marathon next year, but something more down to earth about how hard some work to succeed and how my efforts pale in comparison. There's no need to rewrite the story here since it is on my other blog under this: Inspiration from the MS Blues Marathon.

The call here is for me to do better in every phase. The plan is to start jogging again, very slowly at first using the method that calls for mixing jogging and walking in a predetermined pattern. Right now that might be 1:30 minute segments, alternating between the two. This might later change to 2:00 jogging and still the 1:30 walking, and then the numbers get juggled as my fitness improves. While it would be nice if next October rolls around and I'm fit enough to at least consider running the half marathon, that's not going to be my goal. My goal is to get back to the 20-25 miles of jogging per week that I enjoyed when I was in great shape.

The jogging is the centerpiece of what needs to change. In addition to that, there is a great need to eat better, force myself to stretch, and at least get back to some form of exercise that builds muscles above the waist and below the neck. If that's nothing more than push-ups and sit-ups then it is still far more than what has taken place over the last couple of years. There's a lot of work ahead of me and success won't happen overnight. Right now, success is not what I need--a successful start down the road to success is what I need. That's what I need to achieve over the next 24 days.

1 comment:

  1. 219.0, we're on the right track! I have my first workout session of the new year today! I wonder how full it's going to be from all of these resolutions for 09'. It's been a good 3-4 weeks for myself since I've been. I'm expecting to get back in the swing of things there because my diet is clicking.

    ReplyDelete