* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: Day 7 (1/709) -- 224.5 Pounds

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Day 7 (1/709) -- 224.5 Pounds

Lowest weight this year!!! Sure, that's the equivalent of saying "lowest weight this week" since this is January 7th, but we have to take our victories where we can find them.

I woke up this morning at 4:20 to go jogging. After stepping on the scales and seeing 224.5, I wondered if it was really necessary to go jogging when I could catch 90 additional minutes of bedtime. Give this boy a gold star because I did the right thing and went jogging. It was 45 minutes of alternating between 1:30 minutes of walking and 1:30 minutes of jogging--let's just say it was 3 miles and maybe a little bit extra.

Todd, you talked about the difficulty of getting to the gym for workouts. It seems like you go through the same thing I went through for decades of running. When I was running in a road race, the hardest part was the last mile. When I was training, which was the vast majority of my running, the hardest part was the first step. Usually I hated getting up to run, I enjoyed being out running, and I felt a sense of accomplishment all day for having done my training. Knowing that I would enjoy the running and feel the pride should have made the getting ready to run easy, but it never did.

My only suggestion to you about the gym is what I have to do with my running. Make the getting up and getting out the door almost automatic by preparing the night before. Have your workout clothes all laid out so you can quickly dress without thinking. If you are going from the gym to work, have your work clothes all gathered and even put them in you car the night before. Do everything to streamline the process between getting up and getting out. It's amazing to see just how much a simple thing like that can help keep an exercise program on track. Good luck and both of us need to avoid the backsliding now that we are going in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment