* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: February 12, 2009--223 Pounds

Thursday, February 12, 2009

February 12, 2009--223 Pounds

Whoops! I decided to sleep an extra 10 minutes today and then I was busy right from the start when I got to work.

There was one of these Yahoo Health stories yesterday that listed 5 things in your life that might be derailing your diet efforts. The first one was lack of sleep and that sure fits for me. Then there was stress and while I'm not a stressful kind of guy, I do feel the constant pressure of getting the photos done. A third factor was loneliness. I don't see myself as lonely because I somewhat like time spent by myself. I do feel that my life gets too isolated, going to ball games but not visiting with people because I'm working and then spending all of those hours at home editing photos.

I can't remember the 4th factor, but the 5th things was something about how dieting may be derailing your diet. It was something along the lines of making a decision to eat no candy causes you to fixate on candy all day. It would be better if you made moderation's in your behavior instead of a drastic change. I get their point but I'm already somewhat fixated on candy all day--that's why I need to diet.

On the other hand, it has been relaxing to not have any set plan that I'm trying to follow, and therefore a plan where I can fail. I'm trying to cut back on what I eat and I'm trying to eat a little better. I walked at both break times yesterday and at lunch for a total of 3.5 miles. All I need to do is do the right things and my weight will start to fall and maybe not being so fixated on a diet is just what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment