* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: March 10, 2009--221.5 Pounds

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

March 10, 2009--221.5 Pounds

Suppose that on January 1st I had been offered $10,000 if my weight was under 200 pounds on April 1st. I guarantee that I would be under 200 pounds at this very moment and I would have done it by cutting down on food and exercising more. In other words, regardless of what is going on in my life, I could lose weight if I really, really made an effort.

The last week or so has followed the pattern that is too familiar: Lots of photography which means lots of standing which means my hip hurts which means I don't sleep well which makes me tired so I tend to eat more "for energy" and to help me stay up late because I'm working on lots of photos. It doesn't make losing weight impossible, it just makes it more difficult. Part of the reason it is difficult is because there's no time for anything that counts as pleasure except for the pleasure of eating. Also, I eat just to take a break from all the work.

I know the problems and the pitfalls. Maybe at least for today I can do better--of course, I'm taking off at 3 to go and photograph a tennis match, one of the few home matches Millsaps has this season. I will have to really load up on the pain killers if I want to get any sleep tonight after taking baseball photos on Saturday and JV baseball photos on Monday. At least today will be the last of the photo taking until this Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment