* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: March 17, 2009--222 Pounds

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

March 17, 2009--222 Pounds

I still weigh every morning even when I fail to post to the blog. As you might guess, I've run out of motivation to post because I've run out of motivation to diet. Mostly I'm just trying to juggle too many things. It is extremely difficult to do the photo project as it has sucked up almost every bit of personal time in my life. The only treat left is to get a snack that I enjoy, and sometimes the only way to keep going is to get a sugar high that will last me an hour or two until I reach for another sugar fix.

In theory, none of this is a valid excuse. I should be able to do the photos and still eat very little. If I were in a situation where there was very little food available, I'd still be able to do the photos and survive quite nicely on the energy stored throughout my body. It's the mental side of the equation that isn't working out. I'm depriving myself a good bit already for a good cause, and dieting is really all about depriving yourself of the foods you like at the volumes you want.

I can't quit trying or weighing myself every morning because that would mean 20 extra pounds in a flash. I just don't know if I can ramp up the mental effort needed to be successful while I'm pouring so much into another project.
---------------------------------------------------------

I don't know what it is about this blog that makes it so difficult to add a comment. I've check all the settings and there are no limitations on making comments, but my reply to Todd sure wouldn't post. Here's the comment I wanted to make in the comment section:

Todd, I think you hit the nail on the head with the last two sentences. If I would put my camera away for a half year and get back into sports and having time for myself, I do believe that my weight problems would be successfully addressed. That's just not something that I'm willing to do.
Also, congratulations on your change of status to "newly wed". I knew the date was set for the end of February but I didn't know if you were still around for me to say congratulations. Take care--Frank.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean Frank. You know, I don't think our focus is a weight management issue. I think it's deeply rooted into something else. I am very happily newly married and I don't want to deter from that, but I am in two bands (one with Church), softball two days a week, and have the potentially of contracting a second job that looks very financially appealing. I haven't posted but this morning I'm at 221.0. I'm trying to learn my limits by saying no but I'm always so optimistic in what I can accomplish for myself and others. If we could balance that, then we could implement the processes to rebute our weight concerns.

    ReplyDelete