* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: April 13, 2009--Yet Another Approach

Monday, April 13, 2009

April 13, 2009--Yet Another Approach

I wrote about this on the other blog so pardon my repetition. Something I wrote recently made me realize that the losing weight thing has been treated like some project I'll get to when everything else gets caught up. Since I haven't been caught up in years, the dieting effort has suffered greatly.

Therefore, my plan is to elevate the weight loss efforts to a higher level, making it more of a priority in my daily life. In essence, it will become my third job to go along with my paying job and the volunteer job that takes so much time. I have to shift time or focus or whatever so that the weight loss part is a real part of every day.

In keeping with making it like a job, I plan on weighing twice a month, on the 15th and the end of the month, the days when I get a paycheck at work. For some reason it seems right that I don't weigh every day even though the concept is to put more daily effort into the dieting. It seems right in my head, just not in the words I'm coming up with to describe this idea.

Wednesday is the 15th and I'll get a starting weight at that time. That doesn't mean 2 days of partying before accountability. It means two days to try and get my weight down so the first weigh-in won't be too embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment