* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: May 15, 2009--218.5 Pounds (5 pounds lost)

Friday, May 15, 2009

May 15, 2009--218.5 Pounds (5 pounds lost)

Once again there were too many crackers and cereal bars on my card yesterday. It pushed my calorie total into the 2,000-2,500 range, not a bad level except when trying to lose 10 pounds per month. I did walk 60 minutes yesterday, a short walk during my morning break and a longer walk in the evening.

Todd left a comment yesterday or the day before about his energy level. I can't remember the exact term used, but it sounded like the same thing as the body's metabolism. Mine metabolism isn't very high. So much of my day involves sitting at a computer, I don't play sports, and things in general go slower when you get older. That's why I'm really trying to get out often to walk. At first I thought the Garmin device that measures distance walked would be a good tool to get me out and about. Now it seems like my camera and starting the "Photos From Fondren" blog has been better. Whatever works is fine with me.

On the weight loss, today marks the second complete week of dieting. There's a part of me that really would like to be further along even though I'm right on pace to meet my goal. It's funny, but I would be horrified at the prospect of weighing 340 pounds by next May 1st, but that's what I'd be if there was a 5 pound weight gain every two weeks. If that rate of gain would be horrific, shouldn't I be ecstatic about that same rate of loss? It's something to think about when feeling like a diet is going too slow.

1 comment:

  1. You're definitely showing progress with the numbers for the week. The second week is usually a downer. 221.0 today.

    ReplyDelete