* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: May 25, 2009--220 Pounds (3.5 pounds lost)

Monday, May 25, 2009

May 25, 2009--220 Pounds (3.5 pounds lost)

Part of bouncing back up to 220 pounds is that this weigh-in came at about 3:45 in the morning. If I was able to sleep till 6:30, the number would more likely be 219. If I was able to sleep late on a holiday, like to about 8:30, the total would probably be 218.5 pounds.

The reality is that I've been awake since at least 3, thinking and not feeling like sleep was coming again this morning. Part of it is a pain in my lower right leg, somewhere on the outside portion just above the ankle. It's one of those things that is bothersome when I start walking and then it usually gets better after a few minutes. It's sometimes that's bothersome during the day but I can move my foot or leg or stretch and let my mind get distracted by other things so it's not too bad. The worst time is when it bothers me and I'm trying to sleep. I can't move enough in bed to get comfortable and when I try to calm my mind for sleep, the pain becomes too noticeable. It's simply a discomfort that makes sleeping difficult at times. I'm getting ready to take some over the counter pain killer in a minute and maybe that will help, but I don't want to get into the habit of taking a couple of pills before going to sleep every night.

I believe all my pain on the right side is connected and that losing weight would help make it mostly go away. Losing weight is more easily achieved by a regular dose of walking, which naturally creates more of the pain. Things have gotten to the point where I may actually, seriously consider stretching. Stretching is one of those things that I hate to do, and in the short term it has always added to the pain, but it's one of those things that I'd sure rather try instead of thinking about hip surgery.

I'm really tired, but there's no point going back to bed yet. Maybe when the pain killers kick in and after I've moved around some, I'll be able to sleep for another hour or two. This is why I seem to be tired all the time, this inability to get a good nights sleep. Old age sure brings on a wide range of complications.

No comments:

Post a Comment