* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: May 6, 2009--219 Pounds (4.5 pounds lost)

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

May 6, 2009--219 Pounds (4.5 pounds lost)



Here's what we think we know: this rapid weight loss can't go on at such a fast pace. I started on the morning of May 1 and this is May 6. That makes 4.5 pounds lost in 5 days, a great beginning and also an unrealistic pace to maintain after the first few days.

The pace I can continue is the vastly improved actions taken towards losing weight. The lower calories and less diet sodas/more water are things I can do just about every day. There are a few special occasions coming up where staying under 2,000 calories might be difficult, or a case of the dieting really cutting into my life too far, but even at those times I can hold the calories down to some reasonable amount.

It's likewise with the walking. Going out for about 90 minutes like yesterday's outing isn't going to fit into my schedule every day. Like today. The key is that I fit it into my schedule as often as possible, and that I move other things around in my schedule to make room for the walking. My goal calls for losing about 2.5 pounds per week. It helps to get off to such a good start, but it will still leave me with very little room for error. The walking is going to be the key to shorten the plateaus when my body doesn't want to drop to a lower weight. Don't let the momentum die with a stretch of inactivity--that's going to be the key to success over the next 4 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment