* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: May 8, 2009--221.5 Pounds (2 pounds lost)

Friday, May 8, 2009

May 8, 2009--221.5 Pounds (2 pounds lost)

No card today. Instead, a story about why it is so important that I get as much weight off as possible over the next 4 months.

I had to edit baseball photos and burn DVDs last night. Even though I took the afternoon off and worked fairly steady on the editing, it was after 9 before I started burning the DVDs. With over 50 to burn at about 6-7 minutes each, the job was finally finished at 3:30 this morning. That gave me a little over 2 hours of sleep before getting up for work.

So how did I stay up till 3:30? When I had to go buy more blank DVDs last night, I also bought 2 big boxes of Milk Duds. In theory, I needed something loaded with sugar to keep me awake. The second box was probably more about feeling like I deserved a treat for doing so much work. I finished off both boxes last night. That's probably 1,200-1,400 calories of sugar, and it is also probably the only reason I was able to work till 3:30 in the morning.

This is an extreme example, working so late, but there were many weekend days this year when I would get up at 7 to work on photos and hardly leave the computer until 11 or 12 at night. Maybe I could have made it through those days on just 2,000 calories. Maybe I should have taken walking breaks, going out for a 20 minute walk every 2 hours. What tends to happen is that my walks are about 20 feet which takes me to the kitchen and back, and then I can eat on something while I continue to work. Someone with more discipline would do better. Someone with more discipline wouldn't be obese.

Today might be one with a few aftershocks. I'm already exhausted and it isn't even 8 in the morning. Snacking might be the only thing that gets me from hour to hour until I can take off late this morning to deliver the DVDs and then go home to sleep. I'll try to do good and there should be no excuses after today. There are a few little things on the photos that need to be done, but this year's project is 99.8% done unless someone pays for me to go with the baseball team to the NCAA Tournament. That's very unlikely.

4 comments:

  1. Frank,
    I feel your pain! Trying to loose a few pounds myself....2 weddings this summer. My daughter in June and Justin in August. So for down from 217 to 210.
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should stick around Ken. We'd like to hear on your progress. Frank's efforts has inspired me to continue onward (even over the past couple years) and seeing more people on here would be even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ken, 7 pounds is a great start. Of course, you have two huge advantages over me on this weight loss effort: (1) two weddings is a huge motivational factor, and (2) two weddings means their no money left over for food!

    Keep up the good work.

    Frank.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe that should be "there is no money left over for food". I had a brief lack of concentration caused by a lack of food.

    ReplyDelete