* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: May 9, 2009--223 Pounds (.5 pounds lost)

Saturday, May 9, 2009

May 9, 2009--223 Pounds (.5 pounds lost)

No diet card and no panic this morning. I followed up the all-nighter Thursday with a trip to the MS Braves baseball game Friday night. A friend invited Fred, Virginia, and I to join him and others at his company's skybox. It was fantastic and a great relief for me to have the chance to be a fan at an athletic event after working the last 60-70 games that I've attended.

With a vast array of free food and drinks, my only shining moment was when passing on an offering from the ice cream cart. That really wasn't a shining moment since I was just too full of everything else to add ice cream to the mix. You know, if it had been an absolute necessity, I could have really held down the eating and the calories last night and still had a good time. It's just that the food added to the experience of going to the ball park with good friends. Last night was a special night and diets have to make room for those exceptions.

The good news is that the sins of the past two days will fade away with the dedication of the next two days. There's no excuse for not walking several miles each day. There's no excuse for not getting back to the diet cards. There's no excuse for not getting back under 2,000 calories each day. I expect to see 220 or lower when stepping on the scales this Monday. Now it's up to me to make that happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment