* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: June 8, 2009--221.5 Pounds (2 pounds lost)

Monday, June 8, 2009

June 8, 2009--221.5 Pounds (2 pounds lost)

My hip and right leg hurt when I try to do a lot of walking. My head hurts from cutting out the diet sodas. My body seems determined to hang on to 220 pounds or above. Basically, everything sucks.

At the same time, I must admit that my efforts could be better. On my good days when I'm at about 2,000 calories, it would be possible to really cut back to 1,500. Even if it meant a certain amount of discomfort, I could walk more. Stretching and some light weight training wouldn't hurt. Better food choices would be a good idea. I'm even considering a break from the Vytorin I'm taking to see if that's part of the problem with the pain in my leg.

There's more that I can do, but my worry is that even if I lived like a monk and lost the weight, it would just come back once my life returned to something close to normal. Friday evening I joined Fred and Virginia and friends for a beer and pizza supper at a local spot. I ate about like the others, and then the next morning when I weighed it showed a 3 pound gain or somewhere in that range. It was a number that vanished from my mind before it could make a permanent memory. Sunday's number wasn't much better. It seems like what little success I achieve is unraveled by any misstep. It's frustrating.

I'll keep trying because the trying seems to be the only thing that's keeping me from ballooning to 240 pounds or higher. It seems like what I view as dieting needs to be my normal way of living. Therefore, what I should really do to lose weight is to cut back my food intake to the point of suffering. I'm not sure if suffering is something I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment