* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: July 15, 2009--221.5 Pounds

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

July 15, 2009--221.5 Pounds

Food today: breakfast sandwich(260)--yogurt(100)--hot pocket(360)--yogurt(100)--crackers(200)--3 light beers(300)--no nuts(0)--soup(400) = 1,720 calories

My first big test of the new lifestyle and staying at or below 2,000 calories. It's the Wednesday night get together at Nick's. The key is to stay away from the bowl of nuts placed on the table. At 100 calories each, having 3 or 4 light beers isn't a problem when combined with something small for supper. Digging into the snack bowl at Nick's is where I get into trouble, or thinking that going through the Wendy's drive-thru is the thing to do for supper.

Here we get back to the lifestyle vs diet concept. When I was dieting, it was easy to justify eating extra as simply eating "normal" for one day. Now that I've redefined 2,000 calories as normal, the extra eating turns a normal day into a bad day. That change in thinking makes it easier for me to resist the needless eating. This might not make sense to most of you, but it works in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment