* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: July 17, 2009--221.5 Pounds

Friday, July 17, 2009

July 17, 2009--221.5 Pounds

Food today: ham and cheese breakfast sandwich(260)--yogurt(100)--(that's what I'm going to eat up until noon--sometimes it helps to list items in advance. It's easier to make good decisions when following a list instead of making on the spot decisions.)--soup(400)--pineapples(320)--crackers(200)--pineapple(320)--popcorn(250)--2 light beers(200) = 2,050 calories

I was fighting the urge to "splurge" last night because it was the start of the weekend. We're talking about getting a regular Pepsi at the laundromat because the machine didn't have any diet drinks. Also, a real craving to get a frozen pizza at the store for supper last night. Once I quelled the pizza craving, there were then the compromise arguments of at least getting a Milky Way.

To say that eating less is always a struggle is going too far. It's more of a constant need to keep one's guard up. Small infractions are the start of major transgressions. Here's the key to it all--I'm writing this Saturday morning and there would be no pleasure left today if I had gone for the Pepsi, pizza and Milky Way yesterday. Those pleasure are so very short term and the cumulative effect of all those little leaks in the diet are very real and very long term.
---------------------------------------------

What's this? The blog name has changed again. We've had "Losing Weight in America", "What Would Coach Frank Say", "The Weight Loss Struggle", "Losing 40 Pounds in 4 Months", and I'm sure there were a few other names that I've forgotten. The one thing those names all have in common is that the job of losing weight wasn't successful regardless of the title. My belief is that this approach will work and therefore this blog title will have a long life.

Right now my body is holding fast on that 222 pound area. The body's fat storage is somewhat like the national oil reserve. There has to be some sort of perceived emergency before the body puts a lot of that stored energy on the market. Even then, the body will look for any opportunity to replenish those fat cells. Over the last few days I've been trying to convince my body that a food source crisis does exist and fat needs to be released. Good dieting work is being done, it just isn't showing up on the scales. This is where trust in the process comes into play. One bad day, like pigging out this Saturday, will tell the body that releasing fat isn't a necessity and I'll lose 4-5 days of really good effort. It's going to be more important tomorrow for me to stick with the plan than it will be for me to gain a few minutes of taste pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment