* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: July 20, 2009 -- 223 Pounds

Monday, July 20, 2009

July 20, 2009 -- 223 Pounds

Food today: breakfast sandwich(260)--yogurt(100)--hot pocket(350)--yogurt(100)--crackers(200)--yogurt(100)--crackers(200)--soup(400)--popcorn(250) = 1,960 calories

-----------------------------------------

I will not get frustrated. I will not get frustrated. I will not get frustrated. I will not get frustrated. I will not get frustrated. I will not get frustrated. I will not get frustrated. I will not get frustrated. I will not get frustrated. I will not get frustrated. I will not get frustrated. I will not get frustrated. I will not get frustrated. I will not get frustrated. I will not get frustrated. I will not get frustrated. I will not get frustrated. I will not get frustrated. I will not get frustrated. I will not get frustrated. I will not get frustrated. I will not get frustrated. I will not get frustrated. I will not get frustrated. I will not get frustrated. I will not get frustrated. I will not get frustrated. I will not get frustrated. I will not get frustrated. I will not get frustrated......... (writing lines in school must be a lot easier now with computer and the 'cut and paste' option).

Admittedly, I ate too much at the Strong Family Reunion. Not like in the past when I visited from cabin to cabin and my good manners prevented me from turning down offers of some rich and heavenly dessert at each stop, but still too much. There also was a junk food fest on the short 160 mile trip return to Jackson Saturday night in an effort to stay awake. I was so profoundly tired, something that felt far deeper than normal fatigue. I strongly considered stopping and getting a motel room in Vicksburg and that's only 45 miles from Jackson. With this drive being between 9 p.m. and midnight, late but not extremely late, it is a troublesome thing, this inability to regain alertness despite stops for junk food, playing the music excessively loud, riding with the window down, etc. It is one more situation that makes me wonder if just the dieting, age, too much time at the computer, poor sleeping patterns, or is it a sign of something much more serious?

On the weight situation, the scale showed 224 pounds Sunday morning. Given the circumstances, that wasn't abnormal. The plan was to skip the Sunday post, really cut back on the calories Sunday, and get back to a decent number for the Monday post. That plan was followed with the only "hitch" being that my count was so low going into supper that I allowed a 700 calorie frozen pizza treat. That still left me under 1,600 calories for the day--and that good effort still left me substantially higher than my weight coming into the weekend.

As mentioned earlier, I will not get frustrated. At least not yet. The amount that I can exercise is limited by time and pain. Maybe there's 200-300 calories per day that could still be squeezed out of the process, but keeping things under 2,000 calories per day is already difficult. Besides, why cut out that extra little bit when one bad day seems to be all it takes to undo a week or two of being good. This is a struggle that is becoming confounding. I shutter to think how bad my weight situation would get if I just quit struggling and gave up.

No comments:

Post a Comment