* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: June 10, 2009--222 Pounds

Friday, July 10, 2009

June 10, 2009--222 Pounds

Food today: Ham and cheese breakfast sandwich(260)--yogurt(100)--crackers(200)--hot pocket(350)--yogurt(100)--yogurt(100)--soup(260) = 1,370 calories

Hey, wait a second. I think there may be some sort of connection between the combination of eating less and exercising more, and the goal of losing weight. It might be good if I work on this theory a little longer instead of just one day.

When a person eats small amounts throughout the day, it's quite possible to stay below 2,000 calories without a hint of hunger. For that to happen, a person has to refrain from what we think of as a traditional meal or anything that gets over about 700 calories at one time. I'm trying to change my way of thinking to make 2,000 calories the norm, not the number used for dieting. It seems like a lifestyle change that is within my abilities.

On the exercise front, I walked about 3 miles last night and nearly 4 this morning with Boty. Anywhere close to 7 miles in 12 hours is a little too much, but I need to push a little too much to get back on the right track. And there's always Advil for the pain--I just took three.

2 comments:

  1. Frank, Good Job! Hey a friend of mine shared a web site that you might find interesting. It is 'mapmyrun.com' It give you your neighborhood streets and you can map out your distances without driving around in the car measuring off new routes. Anyway, Keep walking add a little stretching, a few push ups and you will be surprised in 3 weeks. Rusty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm considering that stretching. Don't know why I have such a mental block against that, but I do know that it would help if I would consistently stretch. Thanks for the support.

    Frank.

    ReplyDelete