* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: August 10, 2009--222 Pounds

Monday, August 10, 2009

August 10, 2009--222 Pounds

What else is new? I offset a calorie total of about 2,500 yesterday with a one hour walk that took me into the adjacent Belhaven neighborhood. I needed a photo for tomorrow's "Slice" post and that at least gave me a purpose and destination for my walk. That always helps get me out the door.

The walk was about 4 miles and the last mile was a real drag--as in drag myself over those final steps to my house. The Mississippi August heat along with being overweight and out of shape is a bad combination. I didn't include age in that grouping. While I don't expect to be able to do at 57 what was easily done at 27, age is not the biggest factor in my general poor state of fitness. It's the weight and the lack of activity. I know plenty of 57 year old people who can get out and go in this heat. I know my body would do the same if it got the training needed to be fit. What I don't know is if I'll every find the motivation and time to make that happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment