* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: August 24, 2009--223.5 Pounds

Monday, August 24, 2009

August 24, 2009--223.5 Pounds

There hasn't been much of an effort going on since my last post. The lack of damage has been thanks to my body wanting to stay near 222 pounds. If I'll give it half a chance, the odds are pretty good that we'll see 222 in a few days.

My life right now is like the opening to "A Tale of Two Cities"--it was the best of times, it was the worst of times. I'm happy about the productive nature of my activities. My free time over the last few months has been filled with photos of concerts, events, a couple of trips, day-to-day living, et al. If it wasn't for the requirement of going to work to earn a living, I would have found even more things to photograph.

But at times it weighs me down heavily. Depressed is not the right word. It's more like a long training run that turns into a grind. When I was a decent runner, that goes back a long way, going out for a 10 mile run was often a nice and refreshing way to start the day. It was a long enough run to be a challenge, but in most cases I was fairly fresh when returning to the YMCA to shower and get ready for the work day. On some rare occasions, it was just a bad run. I probably wasn't getting enough sleep or I had run too hard on some recent runs, but sometimes it was a struggle to get through the last few miles. Sometimes I get where my life is a struggle and lately has been one of those times.

When life becomes a bit of a struggle, mostly from having too much to do and too little time, adding in dieting feels like too much to ask. I'm hoping to get that straightened out this week and at least get everything tidied up in my life before the start of Millsaps sports. Maybe I can get back to reasonable eating as well, maybe even some walking. It's going to help a lot when the weather is cool enough that walking at break time during the working day is feasible. Until then, I'll just try to struggle along. And now, the clock is ticking again as I have to close to get to work. The clock is always ticking.

No comments:

Post a Comment