* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: 9/9/9 = 222

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

9/9/9 = 222

At least my weight is symmetrical like the date.

If my boss said that the company wanted to reward healthier living by the employees and they would give me a $10,000 raise for losing 10 pounds in a month, I'm at least 99.5% sure that 10 pounds would be lost in a month. If they added the stipulation that failure to lose 10 pounds would result in a $10,000 pay cut, them I'm 100% sure that the weight would be lost.

Losing weight is not impossible. With the right motivation, losing weight is actually very easy. Maybe not very easy, but certainly doable just as a person addicted to smoking or alcohol can stop if the motivation is strong enough. In all three of these cases--weight, smoking, and alcohol--you would think that a better life style and a healthier life would be motivation enough to cause a person to change. In reality, the prospect of better health doesn't seem to be much motivation.

The inspiration will come to me eventually. In the meantime, I'll keep thinking that I'm working hard towards losing weight. The results seem to dispute that notion, but I'll keep trying. At least I've stopped things from getting worse and that's somewhat of a positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment