* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: September 11, 2009--222 Pounds

Friday, September 11, 2009

September 11, 2009--222 Pounds

What a familiar weight. I guess there's a need to still keep this blog going as a tool to lose weight--that need certainly hasn't passed from my life. Plus, there's not much research involved in this one, just reporting a weight, maybe a food list, and trying to motivate myself to do better.

As for giving up the main blog, there are no regrets. I enjoyed doing the Civil Rights blog and the Photos from Fondren blog, but there came a time when it was obvious to me that pushing on just wasn't practical. That's what happen with the Slice of Frank's Life blog. Taking the time to write a good post was making life difficult, and doing a quick post just to be blogging wasn't a satisfactory solution, so bringing it all to a close was the logical thing to do.

I'll confess that on the way to work today I stopped at Burger King and got not one, but TWO sausage biscuits for breakfast. It was a special meal to mark the end of the blog, not a celebration but more of a recognition of a job well done. That main blog represents a lot of work, a lot of thought, and something that I'm proud of creating. It seems like a nice breakfast just this once isn't going to hurt the weight loss efforts too much, but now I have one less excuse for staying in the obese category. This is a great opportunity to get change moving in the right direction.

1 comment:

  1. Frank,I'm happy to find your posts are still up and running on this blog--wasn't sure if you were ending this one as well.
    BTW,I'm on this same battlefield with you here-so much harder to lose those 30+ lbs now that I'm in my 50s!
    ~Alan

    ReplyDelete