* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: September 30, 2009--220 Pounds

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

September 30, 2009--220 Pounds

A surprising drop and here are 3 theories/reasons for the lower weight today:

1) Instead of a real supper last night, I got by on 2 bags of popcorn. That's still 500 calories, not too much different from even a 1,000 calorie small combo from Wendy's, but it doesn't have the bulk so it doesn't produce much weight in the area of food being processed.

2) I've been reading the book "The Power of Your Subconscious Mind" by Dr. Joseph Murphy. This book has been around for a long time. I've owned several copies over the last 35 years, and every once in a while I get the book out and try to apply the principle ideas to my life. I believe the ideas work but I'm not sold on exactly why. It could be that by trying to unlease the power of the subconscious, what you are really doing is keeping an idea at the top of the stack in your conscious mind. We've all seen how the success and failure of my dieting efforts ebb and flow with how much my mind is on dieting or on other things.

3) I was at 220 pounds a couple of weeks ago. Sometimes in dieting, somewhat like with the stock market, a specific number is hit and then things fall back to a more normal range. But having hit that number once, it suddenly becomes a number that's in the realm of possibilities and it is easier to hit that number a second time. This weigh-in today may be a reflection of some better dieting days a few weeks ago.

I believe there's merit to all three of the above. In a way, I hope that the power of my subconscious mind is the biggest factor because that would be the thing most promising for quick success. I do believe in the power of positive thinking, something that most of you probably believe as well. It's just that for most of us, our positive thinking in day to day living is about like a 20 watt bulb in a refrigerator. It's not that strong and we don't use it very often.

What if your positive thinking was like a 100 watt bulb that was on all the time? I've tried that at times in my life and it seems to make a huge difference in my productivity, my energy, my outlook on life. And then for some reason I get too busy doing day-to-day living to keep up my focus on positive thinking. It seems like I turn to the positive thinking concept when looking for a solution or a jump start, but then it gets put aside when things are going okay. Maybe I'll keep the motor running this time--not that I'm Born to Be Wild or anything, but I think there's more that I can squeeze out of life.

Let's see how it goes on the weight loss project and then we can try applying this positive thinking to other areas of my life.

1 comment:

  1. Good one on positivethinking and it helps a lot.

    Thanks,
    Karim - Positive thinking

    ReplyDelete