* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: October 14, 2009--224 Pounds

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

October 14, 2009--224 Pounds

One more pound down while doing the exact same lifestyle that won't drop a pound in a week once my weight gets down to 222 pounds.

Here's a thought that hit me yesterday. Some of you first knew me when I was a young adult, let's say between the ages of 21 and 36. To that group of friends, you first knew me as an athletic 165 pound guy. Sometimes I forget that there are those who got that initial impression of me. Having been the short, fat kid who was always one of the worst or the worst player on youth sports teams, that is the norm that sticks in my mind.

However, I was a 165 pound adult for well over a decade, eating all I wanted and burning off the excess with running, soccer, tennis, racquetball, basketball, and other things. The YMCA offered a body fat test at that time and my body fat was in the 9% range. You hear about all these people who claim a body fat range of 2-3% and that seems to be a lie. The body does need some level of stored fat to properly function and my understanding is that 5% is about the minimum. It seems like a permanent state of half that minimum would be seriously unhealthy.

Anyway, it seems that my body weight broke down at that time to about 150 pounds of muscle, bones, and whatever and 15 pounds of fat. Let's be generous and say that the 150 pounds of muscle, bones, etc, is still the baseline even though my muscle mass is less. Even with that kind overstatement, my weight from fat would now be about 75 pounds. That's a third of my body weight. That's 500% of the amount of fat I had when starting out my adult life. That's incredible.

It makes me wonder why I'm bothering to eat at all when there is this extra 200,000 calories of energy packed all over my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment