* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: October 27, 2009--225.5 Pounds

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

October 27, 2009--225.5 Pounds

Really haven't had much to write about or any concern about my weight for the last couple of weeks. Sometimes a person gets in a mode of short term pleasures being more important than any long term goals.

Can't say that my motivation is much stronger this morning but an extremely simple thought hit me like a ton of bricks when I was dressing for work:

What happen to the food journal concept?

You can read all of the diet books, internet stories, and magazine articles until your eyes cross from exhaustion and there's really only one tip a person needs to lose weight. Faithfully keep a food journal where you write down what you are going to eat before you eat it. That's it. One simple rule. Follow it for a month and you will see success in your dieting, or at the very least you will see exactly what is keeping you from success.

I've got my index card with me today. Broke the rule right from the start by eating my 260 calorie ham and cheese hot pocket and then listing it on the card. In this case, writing down the food item first wouldn't have made a difference, but it does make a difference on the between meal snacks or when ordering at Wendy's, etc. Writing down the item first gives you a chance to consider your choices and make good ones. Writing down food items after the fact can often been just a confession of guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment