* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: Day 2--226 Pounds (2 lbs lost)

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day 2--226 Pounds (2 lbs lost)

While these still a lot of road ahead, it's nice to get out of the driveway with a couple of pounds lost.

Yesterday was a good day. That's what I need as my norm and when there are deviations from the pattern, it needs to be insertions of great days instead of taking a short break from the diet. That's been the problem in the past. No consistency in putting together a long string of good days, and far too often the break in the string was a splurge of calories instead of a day of less calories and more activity.

Right now I'm dealing with being swamped with photos while also suffering a mild case of photo project burnout. That doesn't mean it's impossible to get out and walk 30 minutes--heck, getting out and walking 30 minutes might be exactly what I need for the burnout--but for the moment, my mind isn't 100% on doing 100% of everything needed to lose weight. For the moment, it's important to keep the calories down each and every day to establish a base line that will rarely get crossed until my goal is reached.

Today's challenge shouldn't really be a challenge at all. The group meets on Wednesday night and I can limited myself to 3 light beers and still have a great time. There's no need for free peanuts, an extra beer, or a trip through the Wendy's drive-thru on the way home. With a little planning and discipline, staying under 2,000 calories today really won't be difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment